Saturday, February 13, 2016

Jim Wand Update

Jim Wand is a peculiar individual. First he claims to hold a PhD in Psychology from the University of Southern California (See our original post about Jim at http://fakedoctorate.blogspot.com/2016/02/jim-wand-fake-doctorate-and-cocaine.html).

Note that on the day of our original posting, Jim Wand of Wand Enterprises stated on his website that he "holds a PhD in the field of Psychology." See below:


And then, after our blog was published, Jim Wand changed his biography to read that he "holds a PhD in Philosophy." See below:



However, the Jim Wand's outlandishness continues in his "official statement in response to the blog post being circulated..." He wrote:

This is my official statement in response to the blog post being circulated about myself. In the blog post, which is nothing more than a thinly veiled attack by a competitor, I have been accused of not possessing a Doctorate from USC. I received my Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college in Iowa, my Master’s Degree from the University of Wisconsin. I also earned my Doctorate from the American Institute of Hypnotherapy (AIH), a southern California-based educational establishment licensed by the State of CA at the time of which I was granted the degree. Until recently, I believed that AIH was part of the University of California system and, because of this, had stated that I obtained my degree from USC. AIH was not part of the system. I misspoke about where I received this degree, and I apologize for doing so.
This same blog post also falsely accuses me of using cocaine and misrepresents information from a court decision. Let me be clear - I am not, nor have I ever been, a user of cocaine. Thirty years ago, I was asked to assist in a police investigation by purchasing cocaine, with government funds, as a part of a sting operation. I was involved in the situation only because law enforcement requested my participation. The documents included on the blog are from an appeal made by the primary target of the sting operation that was found to have no merit. I have never been charged with or convicted of a crime related to illegal drugs.
I have worked successfully as a stage hypnotist for decades. I am proud of my education, my experience and my commitment to this profession. Any suggestion that I am unqualified or otherwise unfit to do my job is blatantly false.” - Jim Wand


So now Jim Wand suddenly earned is doctorate at the unaccredited, illegitimate American Institute of Hypnotherapy, but had always thought it was part of the University of Southern California. He must have read the recent blog we wrote about Scott McFall and the American Institute of Hypnotherapy (See http://fakedoctorate.blogspot.com/2016/02/scott-mcfall-not-doctor.html) Regardless, Jim Wand doesn't hold any legitimate doctorate in any way, shape, or form.

IF YOU ARE AN EVENT PLANNER THINKING ABOUT BOOKING JIM WAND, DON'T JUST RELY ON THIS BLOG. DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH AND ASK FOR HIM TO BACK UP HIS CREDENTIALS.

About the cocaine....
What makes Jim Wand so special that the law enforcement community would recruit him to take down a drug dealer? Nothing. The legal opinion posted in our original blog is clear as to what Jim Wand was doing with cocaine.

It's fascinating how like-minded people stick together in the hypnosis profession. Those who "liked" Jim Wand's statement and support him included the following individuals:

Sean Michael Andrews
Robert Geigle
Gyula "Julius" Kovacs
Maureen Amen
Jeffrey Richards
Rick Green
Angie J. Hernandez
Tom Roth
Shawn Fetters
James Mapes
Brian Madrid
Blaze Driscoll
William Mitchell
Colton Frankenberg
Michael Mayo
Monica Augustine
Ari M. Silver
Joel Groth
Derrick Watkins
John Moyer
Robert Stremcha
Julie Jj Lahr
Doug Thompson

Robert Stremcha wrote "Thanks for clearing that up Jim, I was one of the few who stood up for you."

William Mitchell wrote "I can confidently attest to the high caliber of Hypnotic work of Jim Wand. He will always be Dr. Jim Wand to me. He is truly one of the greats of our profession!"

Jay Tee wrote "Jim, those hypnotists who know what we are about, also know how well you have led the field of hypnosis for years, and we appreciate your hard work and dedication. Unfortunately, there will always be those few who hate high performers, because they cannot do as well. And they will try anything to hurt those who have the audacity to keep on going on. The best thing you can do is to allow them to continue being their mediocre selves forever.
We've got your back, my friend."

If you do not support individuals falsifying their credentials or involved with drugs, then do not support any of the above named people who have the "back" of slime balls like Jim Wand.

1 comment:

  1. Hello,

    I'm Gyula "Julius" Kovacs. Do you mind to my name off from your list? I actually posted my legitimate BA degree in Psychology and hoped that Jim will post his USC doctorate diploma as well. He didn't. Obviously, there is a fundamental difference between USC doctorate and AIH diploma. AIH diploma is unaccredited! Thank you,
    Julius G. Kovacs

    ReplyDelete